Microsoft Dynamics RMS end of life
On July 17, 2014, Microsoft announced that extended support for the Microsoft RMS software product ends as of July 13, 2021. Many RMS users have questions about this announcement, and at POS Unlimited, we have answers for your concerns!. Click here for details.
RMS Main Features
Drive retail growth, streamline operations, and improve customer service. Microsoft Dynamics Retail Management System (RMS) offers small and midsize retailers a complete point of sale (POS) solution that can be adapted to meet unique requirements. This powerful software package automates POS processes and store operations, provides centralized control for multi-store retailers, and integrates with Microsoft Office system programs, Microsoft Dynamics GP, and other popular applications.
Ease of use: Set up and use easily
- Minimize disruptions with a retail management solution designed for rapid installation and ease of use.
- Enable your employees to learn POS procedures in minutes with built-in wizards and an intuitive user interface.
- Customize data fields to track information you want to see about customers, inventory, and suppliers.
- Provide support for existing computers and OPOS-compatible peripherals.
Automation: Automate inventory and purchasing management
- Track and manage inventory using any stock and sales method and inventory types that include standard, serialized, kit, assembly, matrix, lot matrix, voucher, non-inventory, and weighed.
- Track item movement and supplier histories, quickly generate purchase orders, and add items on the fly.
- Export purchase orders to Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word for easy customization and viewing in a matrix grid format.
Efficiency: Streamline transaction processing
- Respond quickly to customer needs with efficient, personalized service; and get immediate access to prices, availability, and stock location with a customizable POS screen.
- Access customer histories at the POS; handle multiple tenders and partial payments at checkout; and quickly create and process returns, back orders, sales quotes, work orders, and layaways.
- Expedite checkouts, target customer preferences to offer up-sells and cross-sells, and implement automatic discounts for frequent shoppers.
Flexible reporting: Analyze data with flexible reporting options
- Access, analyze, and share current, detailed data across your entire business—including multiple store locations—with a wide range of flexible reports.
- Preview, search, and print daily sales reports and journals by register, batch, and receipt number, as well as close cashier shifts quickly and accurately.
- Identify sales trends in every department or category, evaluate operations and financials, track results from sales and ad campaigns, and set and monitor business policies across stores.
- Export report information directly into Microsoft Excel, XML, comma-separated values (CSV) files, or your email application.
Scalable: Scale to meet business growth
- Work with a scalable, flexible platform that helps you adapt efficiently to mid-market business requirements and drive a lower total cost of ownership (TCO).
- Deploy and manage Microsoft Dynamics RMS chain-wide and keep the same retail management software and systems as your business grows into multiple stores and retail channels. As you add customers and products to the system, flexible Microsoft SQL Server database technologies can store and manage virtually unlimited amounts of information.
RMS to RMH
Are you interested in upgrading from RMS to RMH? Please feel free to contact us for more information.
RMH - The Natural Successor to Microsoft Dynamics RMS
RMH was co-developed by globally recognized industry leaders, Retail Hero and Retail Realm, and includes all the main features and functions that retailers appreciate in Microsoft Dynamics RMS…and more. RMH is intended to be an RMS-replacement solution and was intuitively designed as such.
As a comprehensive, scalable and affordable solution, RMH provides an easy transition pathway from RMS (and POS 2009) with a short learning curve, lower retraining costs, familiar navigation toolbars, and more options for payments, ecommerce, mobility and more.
The simple transition from Microsoft Dynamics RMS to RMH includes:
• Seamless transfer of all important historical business data from RMS – with no data loss
• Preservation of familiar keyboard shortcuts
• Integration to your existing hardware and peripherals